TIP: soortgelijke CVs vinden
IT Manager, Project Manager
Work ExperienceEmployment History
A professional I.T. Manager and Project Manager with a broad base of hands-on IT exposure, coupled with specific commercial, technical and solid finance experience.
Possessing over 10 years of in-depth and large scale IT Project Management experience. This experience includes working within structured methodologies and a developed understanding of the Prince 2 methodology. The majority of experience has been gained within the FMCG and retail sector working within high profile group multi-site manufacturing and retail environments and managing internal and external expertise and contracts.
Specific experience has spanned Supply Chain Management, EDI, Business and Accounting systems, Sales & Despatch, HR, Factory Data Capture, Company System Mergers, LIMS, multi-site application roll-outs, Infrastructure and Data Warehousing projects.
A confident, effective, pro-active manager, communicator, presenter and facilitator at all levels, delivering effective business solutions and bottom line improvements.
Interflora (UK Business Unit) Sept 2001 – June 2002
Interim Infrastructure Manager
Interflora is a Trade Association owned by it’s 4000 Member Florists throughout the UK and Ireland, Jersey, Gibraltar and the East. My role was to manage a team of 12 IT people and systems through the busiest time of Interflora’s year (Christmas, Valentines Day and Mothers Day) in addition to making a major contribution in the choice of replacement systems.
· Creating an environment of project and risk management and teamwork in a demoralised and ill-structured team.
· Management of Contingency planning and documentation for the peak periods including systems, capacity and staffing.
· Supplier Management for communications, hardware, software and support (Suppliers although large were lacking strategic and day to day management and direction)
· Management of a program of work to migrate from US hosted Notes servers (supporting the whole order management process) to servers based in the UK provided by an alternative supplier. This process had been abandoned twice before I arrived.
Koda Kenner & Associates (UK) Dec 2000 – Aug 2001
I was the only UK based consultant of this small US Consultancy based in Chicago. The US arm provides Strategy Development, Project Management and Implementation Services specialising in Financial, HR, Purchase Management and Logistics systems.
· Developing a program for carrying out Supply Chain Audits.
· Involvement in a major financial software development project for Koda Kenner & Associates (US).
· Consultancy in ERP configuration and Supply Chain for a start up Farmers Dairy Co-operative.
· Completed a course in the implementation of Staffware Workflow
Northern Foods PLC Sept 98 to Nov 2000
IT Manager – Two site operation, Recipe Dish Co.
Reporting to the Finance Director of the Recipe Dish Company (T/O c £80m) and Northern Foods Group IT Executive (Group T/O c £1.3billion), I was fully responsible for delivering a first class IT function to a fast paced and dynamic business division. This included both the provision of an efficient IT business infrastructure (hardware platforms AS400 and NT) in addition to the on-going examination, specification and implementation of up to date, focused and profitable IT business solutions.
· Introduction of E Commerce solutions to specific areas of the business
· Re-organisation of IT department to meet the demands of the business
· Facilitate and Project Manage re-launch of a number of IT systems including data warehousing (Cognos)
· Management of Y2K compliance project
· Project manage AS400 RISC upgrade and migration from ccMail to MS Exchange
· In depth contribution to Northern Foods IT projects including LIMS, Quality, Shop Floor Data Collection, Planned Maintenance.
Express Dairies PLC 1978 – Aug 98
Group Commercial Systems Manager Jan 97 – Aug 98
With a T/O of c£600m, the business is the UK’s largest supplier of fresh milk to the major high street multiple retailers. Reporting to the Group Finance Director I was responsible for systems support and development across EDI, Sales and Financials and the maintenance of Customer/Supplier relationships. This role held the “Number two” position in terms of I.T. for the Group. I was heavily involved with all aspects of large-scale project management, managing a team of 10 internal people, more-senior managers acting as sub-project managers and external consultancy resource.
· Project managed new financial ledgers and reporting systems across 18 sites within a 15 month timescale (c. £2 million) including best practice
· Chairperson for UK User Group and member of US Board (software User Group)
· Specified and implemented Express Dairies Group Financial Consolidation software.
Company IT Manager 1993 - 1996
With responsibility for capital and revenue budgets in excess of £1.2m, I introduced Unix based shop floor systems and implemented improvements to Supply Chain Management systems, EDI and Finite Capacity Scheduling to increase manufacturing efficiency
· Key Speaker – International Finite Capacity Scheduling Seminar (Toronto 1996)
· Project Managed and implemented integrated planning and shop floor data capture system (utilising external software houses) and LIMS.
Site IT Manager 1991 – 1993
Responsible for the day to day operation of the business’ AS400 and PC based systems, the investigation and analysis of new systems, the management of new and revised system implementations and the design and delivery of in-house IT training.
Management Accountant 1987 – 1991
Systems Manager 1984 – 1987
Assistant Accountant & Trainee Accountant 1978 – 1984
CL Dain & Co Chartered Accountants 1976 – 1978
1989 – 1994 Nottingham Trent University
Degree BSc(Hons) Computer Studies - Class 2:1
1976 – 1978 Burton Technical College ‘A’ Levels - Maths & Economics
1971 – 1976 Pingle Comprehensive School
8 ‘O’ levels including Maths and English
MS Excel & Word
Marex Promace (shopfloor data collection and control )
AS400 System Management
DEC Basic Programming
Systems Analysis and Design (IBM)
Infinium Finance Systems
Ross Renaissance ERP – Sales, Purchasing, Manufacturing
Staffware Workflow to Advanced Level
Job Related Courses
Project Management – IBM M.I.T.P.
Foundation Stage CIMA
Degree Course Subjects Covered
Jackson Structured Programming Methodology
Object Oriented Design
Yourdon Data Flow and other Analysis and Design Methodologies
Structured Systems Analysis and Design Methodology (SSADM)
Data Base Management Systems (Oracle)
Computer related Mathematics and Statistics
People and Technology/Change Management
Structured Query Language (SQL)
Logic Design & Digital Principles
Declarative Programming & Functional Programming
Management Information Systems
Project Management (including aspects of Prince 2 )
SkillsI.T. Skills/Experience Summary
Operating Systems Applications Applications
AS400 Factory Data Capture Demand Planning
Windows Scheduling Optimisation
NT Time Recording Bar coding/RFT
Unix Despatch Sales
Lotus Notes MRP EDI
Engineering Maintenance LIMS/Quality
Purchase Management E-procurement
Workflow Data Warehousing and Reporting
Financial Ledgers & Reporting HR/Payroll
MS Office EMail
Project and Programme Management
Planning, Communication, Co-ordination, Resourcing, Training Needs Analysis, Training, Estimating, Risk Analysis, Change and Cost Control, Third Party Management, Sub Project Management, Reporting.
Structured Project Management techniques – IBM M.I.T.P, good understanding of Prince 2
Training, Integration, Best Practice, Change Management, Master file set up, Parallel run set up and support, Live running support, Problem Identification and Solving
Business Case and Feasibility studies, Data Gathering, Process Mapping, Reporting, Functional Design and Specification, System Mergers/Demergers
Sales system mergers and de-mergers
Payroll Implementation (Unipay – Rebus Software)
GL mergers and de-mergers
Extensive Financial experience in Financial Accounting, Costing, Product Costing, Forecasting, Budgeting, Reconciliations, Investigative work
Other Relevant Experience
Provision of User Support both in and outsourced
Management of Development teams both in and out sourced
Parallel Run, Go-Live planning
Hands on and Management of Cognos Data Warehouse
Hands on MS Project
Exposure to Visual Basic
Hands on Windows and Lotus Notes
Management of MS Exchange
Liaison with Major Supermarkets re Systems Planning and Development