TIP: soortgelijke CVs vinden
Public Relations Manager
Work ExperienceSenior PR Manager Marconi plc 2000 - 2002
Responsible for managing the company’s network of international PR agencies in 21 countries in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Subsequently Senior PR Manager within the corporate organisation, with responsibility for Northern Europe, particularly Germany.
Head of External Relations Birmingham International Airport 1991 – 1995
Responsibility for all aspects of external relations for the airport, including media relations, community relations, and public affairs. Member of the 18-strong senior management team with particular responsibility for the Airport’s corporate image and growing programme of political and parliamentary lobbying. My role in community relations gave me added areas of activity and interest such as being a governor of a local infant school and a board member of “Young Enterprise” in Solihull.
Media Relations Manager GEC-Plessey Telecoms, Nottingham 1988 – 1991
Internal transfer to the corporate press office allowing a specialisation in media relations, dealing with all press releases and media activities for some 20 subsidiary companies in UK and overseas.
Marketing Communications Manager GEC Computers, Borehamwood 1984 – 1988
Responsible for a department with four staff, dealing with media relations, internal communications, advertising, exhibitions and company sales and marketing literature.
Sales Support Officer GEC-Marconi Elektronik GmbH, Frankfurt 1980 - 1984
Support for the sales manager in a subsidiary of GEC Computers, selling Prestel systems in Germany and Austria. Included bid management for a multi-million pound tender to the Austrian telecom authority, which we won, and training of computer operators in German, after development of training materials and manuals.
Export-Marketing Officer Margaret Astor AG, Mainz, Germany 1978 – 1980
Reporting to two managers with export responsibilities for toiletries and cosmetics throughout the world, I was responsible for supporting their activities, particularly with correspondence and translation of marketing materials into English and French.
EducationUniversity of Nottingham 1995 - 1996
Postgraduate Certificate of Education in German and French.
University of Bradford 1976 - 1977
Postgraduate Diploma in Interpreting and Translating.
Polytechnic of the South Bank, London 1972 - 1976
CNAA Degree of BA in Modern Languages (French and German).
Skills- PR skills with experience in technology and the public sector.
- Extensive experience in international media relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Influencing and advising at senior management levels.
- Planning and executing campaigns.
- Enthusiastic and positive personality.
- Good team player with natural leadership ability.
LanguagesEnglish Mother Tongue
Good Business French
OtherA consummate communications expert, with a strong background in local, national and international media relations. With a professional and positive approach in planning and advising at senior levels, she also has extensive experience in community relations and public affairs.
- Chairman of Austrey Parish Council since 1999.
- Member of the Parochial Church Council in Austrey.
- Member of fundraising committee for church tower restoration fund.
- Editor of village newsletter “Austrey News” and member of editorial team for Parish Magazine.
- Member of the Institute of Linguists.
- Membership pending to Institute of Public Relations.
- Leisure interests include: home computing and desktop publishing, photography and independent travel, especially in Asia.