TIP: soortgelijke CVs vinden
Chairman & Managing Director
Work ExperienceEmployment Summary
1999 - to-date 1999 – to-date PGD Strategy, London – Chairman & Managing Director. FSA authorised corporate finance advisory and management consulting firm.
1998 - 1999 Howard Kennedy, Solicitors, London – Head of Corporate Insurance and senior member of Company Commercial Department.
1996 - 1998 Price Waterhouse – Corporate Finance Director, senior member of: the European M & A Team; the Global Financial Services & Insurance Group.
1988 - 1996 Minet Group, London – Group rated in top 5 risk advisors/insurance brokers worldwide with 4000 staff in 40 countries - Managing Director, Corporate Development and Member of Senior Management Group (1993-1996) responsible for Minet’s corporate development strategy, M & A, strategic investments and disposal activity worldwide.
Executive Director of numerous subsidiaries (1989-1996).
In house Corporate Lawyer and Company Secretary (1988-1993).
1986 - 1988 Credit Suisse, London – Senior Corporate Finance Executive.
1985 - 1986 Lloyd’s of London - Solicitors Department - Employed Barrister.
1984 - 1985 Pupillage in Chambers at the Middle Temple, London.
• Senior business/professional manager with extensive experience of the financial services, insurance and professional services sectors.
• Track record of success in corporate development having completed a broad range of domestic and cross border transactions with a total value in excess of £400m.
• Charismatic, results driven corporate lawyer, financier, strategist, planner and negotiator equipped with commercial flair and the ability to challenge the norm.
• Influential leader experienced in managing and developing multi-disciplined teams and implementing change management and business development initiatives.
• Business/professional experience in the UK, continental Europe, North America, Asia, Australia/New Zealand, Middle East and Africa.
• Accomplished networker with extensive City, government and international connections.
• Astute executive with lobbying experience and a keen appreciation of public/private sector relationship dynamics acquired in capacity as leading London Councillor from 1998 to 2002.
Summary of Experience
• Over 17 years of ‘blue chip’ City, national and international board level corporate development, transaction execution, project management and corporate governance experience.
• Founded management and corporate finance consultancy focusing on deal making, strategy consulting, business planning, market intelligence, negotiation, interim and project management services.
• Achieved FSA authorisation for owned corporate finance vehicle.
• Current Non-Executive Chairman of growing specialist media business servicing the television industry worldwide.
• Completed numerous domestic and cross border mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances, investments, divestments with an aggregate value in excess of £400m.
• Developed client relationship management techniques to meet clients’ changing needs.
• Formulated numerous business plans incorporating vision, strategy, tactics and goals.
• Executed a broad range of insurance/financial services client assignments spanning change management, market positioning and corporate development initiatives.
• Managed Minet Group’s investment budget in excess of £250m in top line critical role.
• Achieved major efficiencies through intensive, large scale corporate restructurings.
• Set up new insurance/f.s. business units and ‘start ups’ in the UK and overseas.
• Managed legal documentation process, contractual negotiations, risk management and due diligence processes in relation to numerous strategic investments.
• Substantial experience of local/national government affairs and insights into public policy development as a leading London Councillor from 1998 to 2002.
Education1984 Called to the Bar of England & Wales at the Middle Temple, London.
1983 - 84 Inns of Court Bar School; Bar Finals success at 1st attempt.
1980 - 83 University of Birmingham - LL.B (Law & Politics) (Honours).
1976 - 79 Alexandra Park School, London - GCEs- 6 “O” and 3 “A” Levels.
1972 - 76 Terra Santa College, Old-established private Vatican run school, Nicosia, Cyprus.
Skills• Holistic project and process management skills.
• Specialist expertise in the design and execution of complex commercial transactions.
• Knowledge of strategic issues confronting insurance & financial services organisations.
• Creative skills and strategic thinking and action.
• Business planning expertise.
• Marketing and client inter facing capabilities.
• Legal reasoning and knowledge of financial and corporate finance disciplines/processes.
• Analytical and problem solving skills and an agile mind.
• Ability to innovate and think laterally.
• Merger and acquisition integration specialist.
• Interpersonal and team development skills and sensitivity to multicultural groups.
• Excellent communication and advocacy skills, tact, diplomacy and a networking aptitude.
• Superior legal and drafting skills.
• Knowledge of compliance and risk management tools and practice.
• Collegiate management style and leadership skills reflected in influential positions secured in business career, elected and community bodies.
• Chairing, influencing and lobbying skills in a variety of challenging contexts.
• Numerate and IT literate executive.
• Fluent Greek (written and oral).
• Extensive knowledge of Government and public affairs and the political process.
• Tenacity, drive, independent judgment and total integrity.